I am originally from England. For the last 16 years I have lived in the US. I have worked in out-patient mental health clinics and worked with many culturally diverse populations. I now maintain a general private practice in Frederick MD. My background includes training in psychodynamic psychotherapy, trauma work, EMDR, Emotioanlly Focused Couples Therapy. I have been trained in EMDR since 2011. I have found EMDR to be very helpful in the treatment of trauma and other psychological issues.
My style as a therapist is to be non-judgemental, accepting of where you are in your life and empathic. I will inject a hint of humor when needed. It is important for me that my client's feel safe and experience the therapeutic experience as warm and nurturing. I work to provide insight, support, coping skills and techniques to help with lifes ups and downs so that you can grow and learn from your life experiences.
I integrate complementary methodologies and techniques to offer a highly personalized approach tailored to each client. I do not believe that "one size fits all" in counseling and strive to build on your individual strengths and help you maximize your potential for growth, HAPPINESS and fulfillment.
I became a therapist to help people become the person they want to be. If you are depressed, anxious, angry, or worried, I would like to help you with this.
My Areas of Speciality and Expertise include:
- Trauma - EMDR- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing
- Stress and anxiety
- Relationship and communication issue- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy
- Women's Issues
- Masters Clinical Social Work University of Maryland at Baltimore
- BA Psychology Universtiy of Maryland.
* 2 year Post graduate Certificate of Clincial Practice at the Washington School of Psychiatry
* Externship for Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy from Washington Baltimore Center for Emotionally Focused Therapy
- EMDR Basic/Advanced Training, EMDR of Greater Washington 2011
- EMDR Certified Therapist
Professional Activities and Memberships
- Washington School of Psychiatry 2012
- EMDIRA since 2012
- Greater Washington Society for Clinical Social Workers since 2010
- NASW member since 2008
Licensed Certified Socail Worker - Clinical. Maryland Lic, No. 14198